I honestly wasn’t sure how this scarf would turn out since it was acrylic yarn that was left over from another project, but I think it’s lovely. The yarn was so soft and snugly that I couldn’t bring myself to toss it, and thought this would be a pretty pairing. I love how it turned out. The blocking wasn’t quite as easy as if it were a wool fiber mix, but nothing a steam iron couldn’t tackle. I feel guilty keeping it, since I already have a red shawl and don’t have that much room in my shawl drawer as it is, but I don’t know the actual yarn content so selling it isn’t an option either. If anyone wants it, I’d be happy to send it to a loving home.
Notes on Project
This yarn was super easy to knit with. I just wish I hadn’t lost the tag so I could document what I used. All I recall was it was acrylic and I used about 10 yards for a baby blanket I made for a friend. The pattern was a bit more difficult. The stitch count tension seemed forced, and I didn’t much care for knitting 7 together, but I made it through. Also not a big fan of so much garter knitting, but it works so well with the pattern that I just told myself to suck-it-up and knit the damn garter stitch. Love the end result. Even if blocking was a bit of a struggle.
Color: Fire Engine Red
Size: One size (S – XL), Measures 60″ long by 30″ wide.
Material: 100% acrylic.
Gently hand wash – Lay flat or can be machine washed and dried on gentle cycle.
Click images for full size photo.
This shawl is not for sale.
*Special thanks to Kristina Vilimaite for creating such a lovely pattern (Aglow scarf).